Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Bitter End



 My last post.




South Africa is Beautiful.




Everything I thought it would be and more.

Beautiful Sun Sets



 Trees and plant life were so different.  So many new types of plants.

Amazing Animals and many game reserves


"Make A Friend"  from the first day of lessons at Emafini to the last day celebration.


The Children of South Africa


 The not so beautiful  South Africa.  


The litter - it was eye opening.                                                                   


 Rows of poor housing and squatter's camps
 Just a couple of comments on the litter.

1st -  This is a job opportunity.  When the litter gets bad enough, the government pays people to  clean up areas.


2nd -  One person commented that they were not concerned about the litter.  Even if you did pick it up today, the wind would blow more and it would be littered all over again.   (I don't get that one).
I can look through the thousand and so pictures I took from this month-long visit to South Africa and say to myself, what a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.  I hope I will be able to share my music experiences with other teachers near and far.  Sala kakuhle.  (Xhosa: Goodye! Stay well)

No comments:

Post a Comment